Global queries of external data
This page contains ‘pre-made’ queries providing access to data from the different EUNIS components – species, habitat classification, and sites – and other EEA/EU or external sources. Please note that some of the queries may, at particular points in time, render empty pages: this may be due to the reporting cycles and the process of updating the basic information in EUNIS.
Select a query:
- Conservation status (2007-2012) of habitat types (Habitats Directive, Article 17)
- Country-level assessment of the conservation status of habitat types by country and biogeographical region. All EU Member States are requested by the Habitats Directive (1992) to monitor habitat types and species considered to be of Community interest.
- Conservation status (2007-2012) of species (Habitats Directive, Article 17)
- Country-level assessment of the conservation status of species by country and biogeographical region. All EU Member States are requested by the Habitats Directive (1992) to monitor habitat types and species considered to be of Community interest.
- Conservation status reports (2007-2012) of species and habitat types (Habitats Directive, Article 17)
- Assessments on the conservation status of the habitat types and species of Community interest have been carried out in EU 27 for the period 2007-2012, compiled as part of the Habitats Directive - Article 17 reporting process. The table lists the species for which there were reports made.
- EURING bird species list (subset) with EUNIS species match
- This is a list of EURING codes for the bird species that are known in EUNIS - It is not the complete EURING list. To get the EURING code list visit http://blx1.bto.org/euringcodes/species.jsp or the Euring home page.
- Eurostat fishes code list with EUNIS species matches
- The Eurostat code list is primarily used for fishery statistics. The 3-alpha identifier is a unique code made of three letters that is widely used for the exchange of data with national correspondents and among fishery agencies.
- Natura 2000 codelist of Annex I habitats (SDF field: 3.1)
- Codelist for habitat types under Directive 2009/147/EC. These are the codes used in the Natura 2000 standard data form (SDF) and in the Article 17 reporting. Please note there is a table in the Natura 2000 reference portal that includes the Annex I habitat types codes and the names in several languages.
- Species object of derogations under the Birds and the Habitats Directives
- Species object of derogations under the Birds Directive Article 9 and the Habitats Directive Article 16. The Member States mentioned are only those which used the electronic reporting of derogations (HABIDES). Derogations may have been granted by other Member States.
- Vegetation syntaxa crosswalks to EUNIS habitat classification (Schaminée et al, 2012)
- The crosswalks are cross-references between widely accepted European habitats (i.e. the EUNIS habitats classification) and phytosociological definitions of vegetation types (i.e. syntaxa). Source: Schaminée, J.H.J., Chytrý, M., Hennekens, S.M., Mucina, L., Rodwell, J.S. & Tichý, L. (2012): Development of vegetation syntaxa crosswalks to EUNIS habitat classification and related data sets.